Auto insurance will repair your car from an accident, however, it’s up to you and me to keep it in tip top condition to maintain it’s value. To help keep your car looking great, please take proper precautions to keep the sun from severely damaging key components of your vehicle. In fact, it’s not uncommon for the exterior to reach 194 degrees when exposed to direct sunlight! This amount of heat can not only wreak havoc on your car’s finish, but its interior as well! Ways to protect your vehicles:
- Park in the shade – this will keep your interior and exterior from drying and cracking.
- Use a windshield sun protector – Very affordable and will keep your interior cool and help prevent sun damage.
- Install seat covers- to protect leather and keep your seats cool.
- Wash and dry your exterior often – sun and heat can fade and crack the paint of your car. Frequent washing and drying can help remove dirt and dust particles that can cause issues to a vehicles finish.
- Wax your car – This will add a layer of protection against ultraviolet rays.
- Check the tire pressure – Hot pavement and underinflated tires can easily lead to blowouts. Even good tires can lose about one pound of air pressure a month, so it’s important to check them often.